What information do we collect?
- We may collect two basic types of information, personal information and anonymous information, and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. Personal and anonymous information may be collected directly from you through the use of our services and through this site.
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order for services, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, you will be required to enter certain information, e.g., your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or other information in order to process your order.
- Like many web sites, we may use "cookies" and other tracking mechanisms to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our web sites. We may collect at least the following: your domain name and host for Internet access; the Internet address of the site from which you came; the date and time of your access; your computer’s IP address and information about its operating system, browser and host; the date and time you access the web site and the pages you visit. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- Registration is not required to enter our site. We do, however, require registration when you want to purchase services. During registration a user must give certain contact information that we may provide to our agents to serve your request.
How do we use your information?
Knowme may use information collected on the web site, which may include your personal information, for various purposes. In general, we use the personal information we collect to pursue our mission and operations, including the management of our site and to engage in related activities. You should assume that we will use all information for all lawful purposes.
We reserve the right, but do not undertake a duty, to notify you of court orders, subpoenas or other legal process if allowed. If you do not want us to respond to legal process compelling us to disclose your information, you need to seek a valid order permitting us to refuse to disclose it and serve the order on us at least three (3) business days before the response deadline.
We reserve the right to use, disclose, retain, share, sell and otherwise deal with all information collected via the site internally or to third parties, for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others. For example, and without limitation, in our discretion we may:
- Use your information to personalize your site experience and to allow us or our service providers to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- Use your information to process your transactions.
- Use your information to provide you with services or to allow our agents to contact you to regarding services and products you may be interested in or to understand how visitors navigate through our site, to enhance your experience while using our site, and to make the materials we post as valuable to visitors as possible.
- Send you periodic emails or electronic information. If you would no longer like to receive promotional emails or communications from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below.
- Disclose information to service providers and others in order to deal with requests and questions from you; to personalize or enhance transactions; to verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions; and to assist or respond to our agents (including auditors and lenders).
- Disclose information to government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft, as well as voluntary disclosures.
- Disclose any matter relating to the site or your account not listed in this Policy, but which is not prohibited by law from being disclosed.
We do not purport to have listed all possible disclosures that we might make. This Policy is intended to help you understand our general practices. This Policy is not a promise that your information will never be disclosed except as described above. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access information transmitted to or contained on the site, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information, despite a lack of permission. Although we use what we believe to be commercially reasonable practices to protect your privacy, that does not mean, and you should not expect it to mean, that your information or communications will always be private or protected.
We generally will retain information for as long as required, allowed or for as long as we believe it useful. If you cease using the site, or your permission to use the site is terminated, we may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time and only in accordance with applicable law. We do not undertake retention obligations through this Policy. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law.
DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY
WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION IN ANY FORM. We do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place service orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Do we use "cookies"?
Some browsers allow you to choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, and some browsers enable you to choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through the settings on your browser (like Safari or Internet Explorer). Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu or other features to learn the correct way to modify the manner in which your browser handles cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right voluntarily or involuntarily to make all lawful, worldwide uses of personal information, including without limitation, to: collect, use, access (or bar access), process, fulfill, disclose, display, share, respond to legal process or otherwise exercise our rights under applicable law, transfer, store, sell, lease, retain, commingle, investigate, verify, prove, enforce, delete, and otherwise deal with personal information, and information other than personal information.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your email subscriptions or to delete all of your online account information from our database please contact us directly through one of the means identified in the How to Contact Us section below. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
If you are a resident of the State of California, Knowme provides you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options, such as your right to opt-out (which we may sometimes refer to as “unsubscribe”) or opt-in for use of your personal information by third parties (such as advertisers) for marketing purposes. Therefore, pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to 25 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94102.
All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the email subject line or envelope or post card. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights,” include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Are you visiting our site from outside the United States?
If you are visiting our web site or purchasing products from outside of the United States or otherwise contacting us from outside of the United States please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our site or purchasing our products, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. Many of these linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Except for sites controlled by us, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Consent to Electronic Notice If There is a Security Breach
If we are required to provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasion of certain security systems, you agree that we may do so when required (or voluntarily) by posting notice on our web site or sending notice to any email address we have for you, in our good faith discretion. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to others for whom you are acting, and agree to pass the notice on to them.
We do not want to collect information from children. Do not provide any personal information unless you are at least 13 years of age, and please caution your children not to provide any. If a child under 13 has provided personal information, a parent or guardian may so inform us by contacting us through any means offered in the How to Contact Us section below and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete it from our database, subject to applicable law and this Policy.
If you believe you are a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, write us at the address below and we’ll explain what information we require in order to respond. After receiving that information, we’ll supply (without charge) information we then have that we are legally required to provide (subject to applicable law and reserving all rights and defenses).
Changes to Our Policy
If we decide to change our Policy, we will post those changes on this page. Policy changes will apply only to information collected after the date of the change or to information you further consent for the new policy to apply to.
How to Contact Us
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to the following: Knowme, Inc., 25 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. You may email us at: email@example.com or call us at: 866.695.6696.
Online Policy Only
This Policy applies only to information collected through our web site and not to information collected offline.
Terms and Conditions
January 8, 2014 Version